04 April 2008

Week 2: Podcasting and video in the classroom

Last week when I searched for art education blogs, I discovered a middle school teacher who had her students make their own podcast with different segments. I think it's a great idea, but it's hard for me seeing that fitting into my high school art classroom. One main concept that our art department would like to do is to incorporate more art history into our lessons, and eventually have a separate art history course. I think podcasts would be a great way of introducing artists to students. They could hear curators from museums around the world. Here are some links to some art podcasts that I found:
http://www.idiotvox.com/Podcasts_About_Art_85.html

http://moma.org/visit_moma/audio.html#mk

The MoMA has some great resources. There is even one podcast called "Red Studio" created especially for and by teens. There is another podcast called "Modern Kids," which would be more age appropriate for elementary school students.

As for video, it would be neat for students to create an art gallery of their work and discuss their artwork and the process.

No comments: