01 May 2008

Week 6: Online Assessment, Copyright, etc.

I would really like to use Quia for my assessments. It is time effecient and gathers information effectively. In the art department, we only give a mid-term and a final exam, since our curriculum is project based. If I did use Quia, I would also make Chapter assessments in addition to the mid-term and final to make it more cost effective. I also like the links for the Jeopardy game and other quiz show review games. I always enjoyed playing Jeopardy for review and I thinkn students respond to it well.

The copyright information was very useful. I didn't know about a lot of the rules and regulations. I think copyright laws are often brushed under the rug in education. From now on, I will be more careful about citing sources, especially for images. My main frustration with copyright is that in the art department we have a lot of older VHS tapes. We cannot get these copied to DVDs, even though the administration would like to get rid of all VHS players. Really, this all comes from my frustration that I have not been able to find any updated, high quality art techniques demo DVDs. Anyone have any suggestions?

No comments: